Linux EDA Application Directories
Commercial Tool Suites
Selected Commercial Linux Verilog or VHDL Simulators
- Impulse Accelerated Technologies, Inc.
offers a VHDL simulation system,
aimed at FPGA design verification.
- Launchbird Design Systems
design language, complete with tools to convert Confluence
source into C, Verilog, and VHDL.
- Symphony EDA - Supplies
an integrated VHDL development environment, called
that provides a simulator and waveform viewer.
- Aldec Inc - Provides a
verification environment, called
that supports Linux, among other operating systems.
Riviera includes Verilog and VHDL compilers, a simulator,
waveform viewer, etc.
- Avant! Corporation
- Polaris interpreted, compiled, and
cycle-based Verilog simulators
- FinSim compiled Verilog simulator.
- SpeedSim cycle-based simulator
- Tau Simulation Inc
- VCS compiled simulator.
Model Technology (Mentor Graphics subsidiary)
- ModelSIM mixed-language (Verilog and VHDL) simulator.
C Modelling tools available on Linux
- Cynlib libraries and tools for doing hardware
design in C++.
- A system modelling solution for C++, supported by several
Other Commercial Linux EDA Vendors
- Source III, Inc
offers a collection of tools for processing and
converting test vectors, generating test stimulus,
and comparing results.
- Mentor Graphics
HDL Designer, a graphical HDL design and management
- Verification Navigator
- Specman Elite
- PCB layout software
- back end layout tools, schematic capture, LVS, and more.
Now supports 64-bit AMD Opteron processors.
- Silicon Valley Research
- A variety of IC physical design tools.
Their site quotes some very favorable
Linux benchmark results showing that Linux provides
benefits beyond low cost and reliability.
Linux as part of embedded systems
offers embedded systems that support Linux.
$Id: vendors.html,v 1.12 2004/07/10 21:58:32 brett Exp $